At GloBird Energy, we understand that some customers have life support machines in their homes for specific needs.
If someone in your household has Life Support Equipment, it's important to plan for unexpected energy outages.
Please register your premise having life support equipment with us as soon as possible so we will be able to provide you with the additional protection and work with your distributor.
Registering with GloBird Energy.
- Call us on 133 456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can send you out the Medical Confirmation paperwork. The information required will be depend on your state or territory
- Complete the Medical Confirmation Application Form and have it signed by your registered medical practitioner or hospital
- Return completed forms to us to email@example.com or return it to: PO BOX 398 Ringwood 3134 Victoria within 14 business days.
Note: it is important to keep us informed of your current contact details and circumstances. If you change your address in the future or change retailers, you will need to complete a new form.
You may be eligible for Government concessions.
To obtain a life support concession:
In Victoria the account holder needs to hold a valid concession card.
- Pensioner Concession Card (Centrelink or Veteran Affairs)
- Health Care Card (Centrelink)
- Gold Card (Veteran Affairs)
In NSW customers will be required to re-apply for the rebate by submitting new application every two years.
Some rebates in NSW have a 24-hr rebate and a < 24-hr rebate. Please ensure your medical practitioner selects the correct equipment of the application form.
Machines that entitle you to a government concession or rebate are:
|List of Equipment||Concession available per state|
|VIC||NSW||ACT||QLD & SA|
|Intermittent peritoneal dialysis machine||Yes||Yes||Yes||No concessions exist for SA.|
|Continuous Positive Airways Pressure (CPAP) Devices||No||Yes||Yes|
|Ventilators (excludes nebulisers, humidifiers and vaporizers)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Enteral feeding pump||No||Yes||Yes||Concessions for QLD customers are managed and payed directly by the Queensland Government visit the QLD Electricity Life Support page for more details at https://www.qld.gov.au/community/cost-of-living-support/concessions/medical-concessions/electricity-life-support|
|External heart pump||No||Yes||Yes|
|Phototherapy equipment (Crigler Najjar syndrome)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Power wheelchairs for quadriplegics||No||Yes||No|
|Total Parental Nutrition (TPN)||No||Yes||Yes|
Note: Equipment listed that are NOT eligible for concessions or rebates are still classified as life support equipment.
If your machine is not listed above, please call
VIC - the Department of Health and Human Services Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 (toll free)
NSW - the NSW Service on 137 788
By letting us know, we will register your premise as having life support equipment.
We cannot guarantee there will be no interruptions to your electricity supply, we can only inform the distributor responsible for supplying your premises that your site has life support equipment. In the event of a power outage, they will do what they can to get it restored as soon as possible. However, it is possible that you can be left without power. We recommend you install a backup power supply.
What to in times of an electricity outage?
Expected Planned Outage
A scheduled planned outage may occur because of your local distributor needs to undertake some maintenance work or upgrades. A notification will be issued to you ahead of the planned outage by either us or your distributor advising that your electricity supply will be interrupted on a certain date and time.
When you receive a notification that your electricity supply will be interrupted, please consider your options and decide on what to do.
From time to time, there may be an unexpected outage in your area interrupting your power supply. These could be the cause of extreme weather, lightning striking powerlines or traffic accidents
Some practical assistance if you are totally dependent on your life support machine
- Keep a source of backup power, battery or generator ready for your life support machine.
- Consider storing a backup machine.
- Know what to do if your life support machine stops working – checking the power point where the machine is plugged, trying a different power circuit or a different area in the house.
- Check if there is a blown fuse on your main switch board or your safety switch on your electricity meter has clicked to the off position.
- Check in with a neighbour.
- Keep your phone charged for communication.
- Keep a torch with working batteries always handy.
- Make prior arrangements to stay with other family or friends during that time or seek further advice from your doctor, carer or attend a nearby hospital in case of an emergency.
Should you lose power supply, please call our 24-hour emergency number on 133 456 otherwise, please contact your local distributor's 24-hour emergency number.
Also, you will find your Distributor's number on your GloBird Energy's bill.
Distributors numbers are:
|State||Distributor Name||Emergency Phone Numbers|
|Victoria||United Energy||132 099|
|CitiPower||1800 066 909 / 131 280|
|AusNet Services Elec||131 799|
|PowerCor||1300 364 301 / 132 412|
|AusNet Services Gas||136 707|
|Australian Gas Networks (Vic)||1800 427 532|
|New South Wales||Endeavour Energy||131 003|
|Essential Energy||132 080|
|Australian Gas Networks (NSW)||1800 472 532|
|Central Ranges Gas||1800 472 532|
|Jemena Gas||131 909|
|Wagga Wagga Gas||1800 472 532|
|Ergon Energy||132 296|
|Australian Gas Networks (QLD & Allgas Energy||1800 427 532|
|South Australia||SA Power Networks||131 366|
|Australian Gas Networks (SA)||1800 4217 532|
Your distributor will be able to provide you with information on how long you will be without electricity or gas supply and an approximate time of restoration. Should this interruption be too long resulting in life threatening situations, please call for an ambulance immediately.
De-registering with GloBird Energy.
Should you no longer require life support equipment, please let us know to de register this site as having a necessary medical life support machine.
For more information about life support, please call GloBird Energy on 133 456,
Monday – Friday 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday and Public Holidays 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time)