Saving electricity is not only good for the environment, but it is even better for your back pocket. Here at Glo Bird Energy we have compiled a list of 7 simple ways you can save money on your electricity bill!
- Set your thermostat: During the colder months heating can account for approximately 30% of your energy bill, set your thermostat between 18 and 20 degrees, as every degree above 20 can add 10% to your energy bill!
- Don’t bother rinsing off those dirty dishes too much: Studies have shown that rinsing your plate can be inefficient and waste litres of water, all you have to do is scrape as much as possible in the bin and good dishwashing tablets can do the rest.
- Wash your clothes in cold water: The majority of energy used in the washing machine is spent on warming up the water, you can get very similar results by using cold water and save a lot in the process!
- Use a front loading washing machine: Speaking of the washing, front loading machines use 50% less water and generally use less energy when compared to top loading washing machines.
- Use the clothes line: With warm Aussie weather in abundance there should be no excuses to not use your clothes line. You will save hundreds of dollars each year as clothes dryers are known to be very high energy consumers.
- Close the blinds: Closing the blinds is an extremely easy way to stop the sun from over heating your home, especially on those 40 degree plus days!
- Switch to GloBird: At GloBird Energy we guarantee* that our rate will be cheaper than any published verifiable rates from a competitor. Contact us HERE and start saving today!