If you uploaded your usage data file to Switch-On, it will accurately calculate the most suitable plan and tariff for you. If you used Switch-On's default user profile it can only estimate the most suitable tariff plan for you. Us our "compare my bill" tool, to see how much your actual bill will be to ensure you pick the plan that will actually save you the most.
Simply email or call us if you would like to change tariffs. There may be a small fee charge to do this.
Why did your website quote me different rates than my neighbour?
Each meter is configured with its own "tariff".
There are many tariffs types.
Our website looks up your meter on the national electricity database, and quotes based on the actual tariff for your meter.
Many comparison websites don’t know your tariff type, they simply list the pricing for all meter types and all tariffs in your area.
It’s very common for houses in the same area to have a different tariffs.
GloBird give you a quote for your actual meter. This is the most accurate way of providing a valid quote.
Call us for more information.
Can I change tariff?
Changing tariff can sometimes be done, but there are some important things to consider before you try.
- There is a cost to change your tariff. See our fees page for details.
- Only the retailer responsible for billing you can apply to change your tariff on your behalf.
- You can only change tariff once a year.
- Even though you apply for a tariff change, your local distributor who owns the electrical infrastructure have the final say. They may or may not allow you to access all tariffs.
- Some tariffs are closed to new entrants. For example; Peak / Off Peak is no longer open. If you already have Peak / Off Peak, you can remain on it. However, if you change to another tariff you will not be able to go back.
- It is possible to lose important benefits like premium feed-in for solar if you change tariff.
GloBird give you a quote for your actual meter tariff. This is the most accurate way of providing a valid quote. Please be careful when considering changing your tariff, another tariff may seem more cost effective, but often are not. Opting out of a tariff can mean you can’t go back. It’s best to simply know your tariff and to compare rates for that tariff from different providers. That way you are comparing apples to apples. Call us for more information.